Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The story of my life

Report cards do not end when you leave school. Here are some comments that I have received in the last two weeks:

From Daniel's teacher on his take home folder...

1. "Daniel's shoes seem to be too small. His toes are pushing the end...(she was right...they were shoes from last year)

2. "Please bring a towel for swim days...Daniel needs a way to dry off."

3. "If you are going to be late, please call us and let us know so we can meet you at the door...it messes up his day to not be in the routine."

4. "As you may remember from before, Daniel has an issue with taking his shirt off for swim time...please pack an extra shirt."

From Lainey...

1. "We haven't been outside for 100 days because you can't keep the fleas off of Fletch."

2. "Tomorow someone is coming to clean our house. If you can't keep your house clean then you need to get organized. And if you can't get organized you have to get someone to help you."

From Daniel....

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" (or whatever the letters and punctuation you would type for high pitched angry screaming). Translation: "I am completely ticked off that my life is not organized and predictable. What was God thinking to give such an unorganized mom a child who desperately needs life to be predictable?"

My thoughts exactly, buddy. :)

5 comments:

Ella said...

oh, amanda! i'm praying for you. i can so relate, too. i think my days would be a little less stressful if i were a little more organized (and disciplined)! thanks for your sweet comment and email. i would definitely love to talk with you. let me know when is a good time to call...

Our family said...

amanda,
you have been on my heart the past couple of days and i have been praying for you. i hate having times where i feel like i am being "graded" too. i wish i could go to panera with you and catch up!
love,
rebekah

Stephanie said...

I was in Wal-mart today and the CASHIER yelled "NO!" at Asher, who looked completely bumfuzzled. When I looked at her, she said, "He was about to grab the eggs." So nice to know the CASHIER at WALMART is interested in teaching my child proper grocery store etiquette.

I guess that was my report card for the day, too. ;)

Wes and Leslie said...

Amanda
You are doing a great job. And God was thinking when He blessed you with Daniel; just think of how He is sanctifying you. It may feel like refining by fire but you are a testiment to His glory.
Leslie

Missy said...

Oh, honey. I get ALL those comments. My kids are always late and unprepared. We showed up to swim lessons yesterday, in a bathing suit. No shoes. No towel. No ponytail. But we had our bathing suits on, by golly. And I was proud of that.

Don't forget that YOU are the mommy God chose for Daniel - YOU. He could have given him to Martha Stewart. His name could be Daniel Stewart right now. But he gave him to YOU. Because you were the cream of the crop, for Daniel.

xo
Mis